Google
 
Web QrooniX

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fedora 10 on Acer Aspire One

Fiddling around with this netbook (we got the one with XP home version), I tried to use the XFCE Fedora 10 live CD. I was a bit surprised that all of the hardware were detected out of the box (WiFi, sound, correct screen, webcam and a lot more). I then decided to keep/install it on the hard drive.

And here I am, happily back with Linux on desktop. This netbook is not for heavy processing work. But for web browsing (Firefox), Music (XMMS), casual Word Processing (Abi Word), Video (vlc/mplayer) and IM (Pidgin/Skype), this machine is superb with Linux.

One thing that I'm a bit disappointed is the dual (mirrored/extended) display. There is no out of the box detection of the correct resolution of the second monitor. Well, I didn't try on XP though. If I'm not busy with work and hobbies, I'll probably give it a spin (dual display).

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?