Web QrooniX

Sunday, April 30, 2006


Through googling we found some solutions to automatically attach disclaimers (I know it is evil) on mails coming from a qmail-powered smtp server. The utility is altermime, and here is the link to deploy it on qmailrocks installation.

Monday, April 24, 2006

My Saturday Night

Last Friday I installed the Ubuntu Dapper Beta on my laptop. Everything went fine (particularly, my videocard and the correct resolution was detected) until I reboot to see the set-up. My Win32 installation was borked! Google here I come, search galore. I ended downloading utilities like BartPE, Active Undelete, GetDataBack and a bunch of utilities for a Win32 Live CD.

Armed with the Live CD, my wife's threats, an FC4 box with SAMBA services, a cross-cable, music by Mishka Adams, Pearl Jam, Blind Melon and Butthole Surfers, and a pack of Winston Lights, I was able to salvage 85% of our files. What happened to the other 15%, asked by one of the guys at #ubuntu-ph? Well, the cluster where the files used to reside was already filled with the Dapper installation. Luckily most of my daughter's photos are intact.

Will I still continue using Ubuntu? Well, maybe, but to be honest my wife (and me) is more comfortable with Fedora Core. But whatever works fine will be enough. :)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?