Google
 
Web QrooniX

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Retro Mode


My friend borrowed my laptop for a project. These past few days, I'm using an old box. Fedora Core 4 is running nice on Pentium III 450 MHz and 320 MB RAM. Of course I have to use a light window manager, this time it's my old favorite WindowMaker. WM is readily available on FC4's yum repository.

I'm also in the process of looking for lighter apps. Dillo web browser is fine for reading some news and blogs. But I'm still using FireFox for blogging and Gmail purposes. For other email services, I'm using Sylpheed-Claws. I'm also looking into using XChat for IM purposes via BitlBee. As always, I use XMMS (Classic WinAmp-like app) for audio playing. As for office application (though I rarely use it), I use Abiword and Gnumeric.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?